What Makes a Great LEO School?
Mission, Vision, Values & Aims
- The Trust's mission, vision, and values are clearly evident across the school.
- A consistent approach to embedding and developing the Trust’s inclusive vision of Excellence for All is clearly evident.
- The school supports the implementation of the Trust’s five strategic aims.
People & Culture
- The Trust’s People Strategy and Growing Great People Framework is embedded across the school.
- The school supports the Trust’s succession planning by recruiting, retaining and developing talented staff.
- The school clearly follows the LEO TEAM approach. Staff develop collaborative and deep partnerships with other LEO schools as required, while the school supports and builds these beyond the Trust.
Teaching, Learning & Assessment
- The Trust’s Teaching & Learning Strategy is embedded across the school.
- Adaptive teaching supports the school’s inclusive approach to learning.
- A pedagogical approach to the use of technology is well developed across all year groups.
- The school offers an ambitious curriculum. (At LEO, we see an ambitious curriculum as one which goes beyond National Curriculum expectations, both in terms of content and outcomes.)
- Leaders ensure that the school’s curriculum is coherently and progressively sequenced.
- The school offers a wide range of opportunities for pupils, enabling them to excel across all LEO Pupil Outcomes, ensuring that they are future ready.
SEND (including pupil wellbeing)
- The Trust’s SEND Strategy is embedded across the school. The Pupil Wellbeing Policy is in place. SEND children make good individual progress from their starting points.
Pupil Premium Children
- The Pupil Premium Strategy is effective and Pupil Premium (PP) children make good progress with the gap closing.
Behaviour & Attitudes
- Strong values underpin good behaviour. There is a whole-school behaviour approach which is underpinned by the LEO Behaviour Strategy.
Performance, Quality Assurance & Accountability
- Positioned in the top ten, for all attainment & progress measures, within their EEF 'family' of schools. Families of Schools Database
- Progress and attainment outcomes for pupils exceed national averages by the end of each key stage.
- The school successfully engages with quality assurance reviews (internal and external) with positive outcomes.
Governance & Compliance
- Effectiveness of the Academy Committee to support & challenge the school, inline with the Trust’s Scheme of Delegation.
- School meets statutory compliance requirements for: website, GDPR, Health & Safety and Risk.
- Safeguarding is effective. All staff are compliant with the Trust’s Safeguarding Policy. 360’ Online Safety review is regularly reviewed and improved on.
- School of choice for local parents.
- Children attend school regularly.
- Persistent Absence (PA) is effectively addressed for all groups
- Graded Good or better by Ofsted.